What is the NTSE Scholarship Exam?
NTSE scholarship exam is a Nationally acclaimed scholarship program at the class X level in India. This exam is a very popular exam among children up to class X. Every student dreams to be in the research field. They definitely participate in the exam. An NTSE scholar holds its own distinct identity in the scholarly society. It is an exam in that just a few percent of the millions of talented students are selected. The talents that are selected through this exam have something to give differently and to society. The governing body of the NTSE Scholarship Examination is NCERT. Click Here To Apply for the NTSE Scholarship Exam 2020.
NTSE Scholarship Exam Eligibility
- Because the NTSE stage is conducted at the state level or UT level. So the candidate must be the domicile of that state.
- The candidates of class 10th must have passed the class ninth exam with 60% marks.
- Maximum Age Limit: 18 years.
- If a candidate is in the class tenth or has completed class 10th and is studying through open distance learning, then he/she can also take the NTSC Scholarship Exam.
- Candidates who are going to give Stage 2 exam should have a minimum of 80% marks in their respective Boards exams.
Online Classes for NTSE Exam
Most of the institutions now days are ready to provide online classes for their students. They are giving these online classes to students of the school boards, students preparing for competitive exams like NEET, IIT Jee Main (NTA Jee Main), IIT Jee Advanced, national and international olympiads, and many more. At the same time, they also nurture the talent of the students (provide online classes for the NTSE Exam) seeking to qualify one of the prestigious examinations like the NTSE Scholarship Exam at the high school level. Students who will enroll now for the “Online Classes for NTSE Scholarship Exam” will get some sort of instant discount in the full course fee for the program. For the better preparation of this exam students can register themself to the program “Online Classes for NTSE Scholarship Exam”.
To Register or enquire about the Online Classes for NTSE Scholarship Exam – Click Here.
To be awarded this scholarship a candidate has to face a two-stage written aptitude test. Succeding both of them is the only criteria to be eligible for this scholarship program.
NTSE Stage – I
- The selection of the candidate will be done by States or UTs where the students belong.
- Registration for the NTSE Scholarship exam for the stage – 1 starts in July.
- The last date to complete the submission of the form remains August/September.
- Admit Card is issued in the month of October/November.
- Written aptitude exam for the stage – 1 is done in the month of November by States or UTs of respective students.
- The result declaration is done from the month of January to April by States or UTs.
NTSE Stage – II
- Students who have qualified in the stage – I of the NTSE exam can appear in the stage – II exam.
- The admit card for the stage – II is issued in the month of April.
- The written aptitude test is conducted for the stage – II in the month of May.
- The final Result declaration is done in the month of September.
Why should I appear in NTSE Exam?
- There are many important reasons that motivate a candidate to take this exam.
- An NTSC Scholarship awardee has a different identity in society as well as if we talk about the difficulty level of this exam.
- This is one of the most difficult exams at this level of schooling. Its difficulty can be gauged from the fact that about one and a half lakhs students participate in the NTSC Scholarship Exam stage-1 every year. Out of which only 5000 students are selected to participate in the Stage 2 exam. If you talk about the final selection, then only 1000 students are able to grab the scholarship. From this minimum percentage of selection, it can be guessed that this is one of the most difficult exams to be held at class 10th level.
- If a candidate qualifies this scholarship exam, he/she is awarded a scholarship up to a doctorate level in Science or Social Science stream.
- If a candidate takes admission in medical or engineering courses then such candidates are awarded this scholarship till the second-degree level.
How much amount I will get as a scholarship?
- For class 11th and 12th, a scholarship of ₹ 1250 per month.
- For Undergraduate and Postgraduate, a scholarship of ₹ 2000 per month.
- The scholarship for P.hd. the scholar has been fixed as per the UGC norms.
The Pattern of Written Examination
- NTSE Exam Stage – I
This is done at the State or UT level and it comprises the Mental Ability Test (MAT), Language Test (LT), and Scholastic Ability Test (SAT).
- NTSE Exam Stage – II
At the National Level and it comprises the Mental Ability Test (MAT), (b) Language Test (LT), Scholastic Ability Test (SAT).